In today's digital age, having a website that effectively represents your business and engages your target audience is more important than ever. However, with constantly evolving technology and design trends, it's not uncommon for a website to become outdated and ineffective over time.
As a business owner, you may find yourself wondering if it's time for a website redesign but feel overwhelmed by the prospect of undertaking such a project. Fortunately, with the right team, resources, and website redesign strategy, building a new website can be an exciting and smooth experience.
In this blog post, we'll cover the 5 essential questions you'll want to ask yourself before launching your website redesign strategy:
- Why redesign a website?
- Who will work on the web redesign?
- How long does it take to redesign a website?
- What is the average cost of website redesign?
- Is it worth working with a web redesign company?
Why redesign a website?
Building and redesigning a website takes time, money, and other resources. So, understanding why you're doing it is important not only to convince higher-management and secure company funds but it's also the best place to start to determine why you need a change and what you can do better with a new website design.
Some signs your business is ready for a website redesign strategy include:
- Your website isn't driving business goals. Is your website actually driving results for your business? Well before you start designing layouts or brainstorming taglines, you want to be clear on what you want your website to do and how those actions translate into ROI and other overarching business goals.
- Your website no longer reflects your branding. Has the look and tone of your brand evolved, but your website hasn't? Or does your website simply look out of date? Consider what messages your site is conveying and whether this still aligns with your brand, and how you want to talk to, attract, and service your customers.
- Your website doesn't have a clear customer journey. User experience (UX) is one of the fundamental elements of a successful website. Understanding how customers will find, navigate, and take action on your website can help you design a site that attracts, nurtures, and converts leads into sales. If the UX, or customers' journey, isn't clear, it's time to redesign your website.
- Your website doesn't function. Does it take ages for your pages to load? Is your content scattered with broken links? Do certain elements not show up on different browsers? Are customers having trouble checking out, causing them to abandon their carts? Regardless of how beautiful your website looks, it won't bring results if it doesn't function.
- It's not mobile-friendly. In 2022, more than 60% of all website traffic came from mobile phones — so if your website isn't optimized for a mobile experience, you're missing out on a large population of potential leads.
When auditing your website, it is also important to look at what is working. While fundamental parts of your website could desperately need a redesign, there may be elements already doing well that can be incorporated into your new website design, replicated on other pages, or optimized to maximize its results.
Who will work on the web redesign?
You know why your business needs a new website, and perhaps even what you want that website to look and feel like, but who is going to make it all happen? There are a lot of elements and skill sets that go into building a successful website.
Some skillsets you'll want to have on your website redesign strategy team include:
- Web Designer
- UX Designer
- SEO Specialist
- Web Developer
- Graphic Designer
You'll also want to ensure you have a project manager who is keeping the project on task and a marketing specialist who is helping you build your website redesign strategy and connect it to your larger business and marketing strategy.
If you don't have these skillsets in-house, you can always outsource your website redesign strategy project to a web design company that has a team of specialists capable of tackling the full scope of your web redesign project.
How long does it take to redesign a website?
Designing, writing, and building a website takes considerable effort and time. However, your exact website redesign timeline depends on the size of your team and how much time and money leadership is willing to invest to get it done.
If you are building the website yourself or with a small in-house team, chances are your website redesign can take months or even longer.
Most companies who attempt to design their own web pages without help often waste hours trying to learn the nuances of building and designing a website. They typically run into a lot of unforeseen obstacles, experience many trials and errors, and struggle to balance the project amongst their already long list of daily responsibilities.
The best way to fast-track your website redesign process is to work with a web design company. Full-service website redesign companies like Reach Interactive have the resources, knowledge, and skillsets you need to accomplish your dream website. They will also prioritize the project to expedite your website redesign timeline and launch your new site quicker than it would if you had it done in-house.
What is the average cost of website redesign?
Just like your website design timeline, the cost of building your new website depends on the size of your website, the scope of the project, and the number of third-party integrations needed to run your business.
Many companies attempt to keep their website redesign in-house to keep budgets low, but this often ends up costing more money if you don't have a full team of web specialists who are experienced in building and designing websites.
It can lead to costly gaps in your web design, like not building your site around a solid SEO plan or putting together a beautiful design but lacking the backend functionalities that keep it running. It can also result in excessive payroll and educational costs for getting your team up-to-speed on the various elements of redesigning a website and reprioritizing other important tasks they are working on for your business.
Surprisingly, one of the most cost-effective ways to redesign your website is to work with a web design agency specializing in designing and building websites and digital marketing strategies for online businesses.
Website redesign companies help you build high-quality, fully optimized websites that look, feel, and function well — from frontend to backend. It can also get your website done faster, so you'll start generating results and ROI sooner.
Working with a website redesign company
Are you ready to get your website redesign strategy rolling? We can help. At Reach Interactive, we partner with companies like yours to build digital marketing and website strategies that drive results. Schedule a call with a web specialist today to learn how we can redesign your website and help you generate more leads, more conversions, and more results from your website.